By Emily | September 17, 2018
We’re currently hiring Film Analysts at Gower Street - here’s our latest job advert.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Title: Junior Box Office Analyst
Reporting to: Head of Film
Working at Gower Street
Gower Street Analytics is an exciting film analytics company on an accelerated expansion trajectory. Conceived and set up to improve the efficiency of the global theatrical market, we are partnering with exhibitors, distributors, and other key players to help films reach a bigger audience. We have access to the world’s most complete set of theatrical box office data. Distributors benefit from a state-of-the-art Distribution Strategy system, while Exhibitors will be able to take advantage of our Booking Optimisation tool.
We combined our film industry experience with cutting-edge technology to create FORECAST, the first commercially available theatrical market simulation platform. With FORECAST, industry experts have a live, flexible and fully customisable system.
We’re looking for a Junior Box Office Analyst based in the UK, to support our film team and our clients around the globe.
Our values: Innovation, Integrity, Empathy, Learning, Curiosity
Here’s what you might expect on joining the film team:
Within your first month:
- you understand how Gower Street significantly impacts the future of the movie industry
- you know our short-term business goals, why they’re important and how we’re tackling them
- you have helped maintain a key market in our ground-breaking project FORECAST, accurately deploying film and audience insights
- you have learned how to onboard theatrical releases and respond quickly to changes in the film dating landscape
- you are learning how to forecast daily box office by day, by title and by country
- you are a regular participant in our industry game 5 Shots
Within your first three months:
- you are working closely with our global film team, leading independently on areas you’re most familiar with, improving workflow & data quality and sharing key information
- you are liaising with our business team to ensure they are aware of new feature launches and have the latest trades information to take to client meetings
- you are familiar with the analytical, data visualisation and box office tools available to you
- you have been a part of our technical six-week development cycle and seen how our process works from pitching ideas, negotiating scope and working in small teams to completion
- you have met the whole company, including our remote team
Within your first year:
- you have learned all available box office forecasting techniques
- you are providing key insights to our clients via bespoke reports with in-depth analysis on dating landscapes and opportunities/risks in the theatrical calendar
- you have helped to launch significant features that bring lasting value to our customers
- you assist the business development team on a day-to-day basis
- you have taught someone else what you have learned so far
- you are analytical, a practical thinker, with attention to detail and an enthusiasm for film
- you are familiar with film as a business and have some experience in a media/ office-based / analytical role
- you are comfortable self-managing and supporting a part-remote working team, with demonstrated time-management skills
- you are reliable, willing to learn and adapt efficiently to different ways of working
- knowledge of global box office is a plus
- strong MS Excel skills required and preferably some experience with a data visualisation tool such as Tableau
- you may be comfortable in at least one programming language, perhaps more
- The role is office-based with the possibility of working remotely
Continuous learning and development
At Gower Street Analytics we hire people for their potential to grow within our organisation. We aim to nurture talent by providing challenging work on ®evolutionary projects, in an incredibly fast-moving, competitive industry. Our employees are afforded independence to set their own agenda, based on business requirements, but will feel fully supported as needed. As part of our approach to professional development, employees are actively encouraged to attend selected film industry events and conferences annually.
Your benefits include
- a competitive market salary, with the option to work from home some days of the week
- we contribute to a workplace pension scheme and offer private health insurance at the end of your probation
- five weeks holiday per year, plus eight bank holidays
- there will be opportunities to go to film industry events from time to time
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
We’re committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
Like what you've read? We're currently hiring!